6 Essential language tips for your remarketing emails
When you’re trying to get the attention of a lead, you have to find the right language to do so. A boring, dry email explaining why your moisturizer is the best available isn’t going to be as impactful as images and buzzwords that get the reader excited about it. And as with any customer communication, you need to give users a call-to-action (CTA) to help them follow through.
These six phrases are crucial for your remarketing and retargeting emails – see how you can start using them today.
- “Expert reviews:” Nearly 82% of U.S. consumers look to online ratings and reviews before making a purchase. Highlight any expert reviews in your emails and outreach, or point them to consumer reviews you’ve received elsewhere.
- “Time is ticking:” When someone clicks on a limited-time offer, remind them of their interest before it expires. Urgency is a great motivator, so you can use the “time is running out” line for everyone from cart abandoners – perhaps those products are running low – to sale browsers.
- “Shop the sale:” Not everyone will click your CTA button immediately, so tell them why they should. A sale, special promotion, or limited offer is a reason to click right now, so make it clear that is what you’re offering.
- “Complete this purchase:” For shopping cart abandoners, reminding them of interest and then sending them back to their shopping cart should be done as quickly as possible. Tell them what objects they had in their cart, and give them a direct link to their cart so they just need to checkout.
- “Make a deal:” Variations of “let’s make a deal” help the consumer feel like they are a part of the buying process, not just another credit card number. Offering a discount in this language puts the customer back in the driver’s seat, and helps them feel like you care about each buyer.
6. “Tell us why:” Another variant you can offer in your emails is a small survey or questionnaire that invites users to tell you why they didn’t complete a purchase (yet).
From there, you get information for personalized messaging, and a better understanding of how to design and implement your processes.
MOV•ology™ provides enterprise and SMB marketers real-time automated next generation web from abandonment solutions to increase ROI using our Patented Technology (US Patents 9,280,531 & 9,286,282). Our end-to-end webform abandonment solutions are unequaled in the industry. We produce results: bring back visitors • more conversions • more customers • more sales. Our product portfolio extends from transactional eKart™ shopping cart and eForm™ form abandonment recovery solutions to lightbox acquisition, identifying and profiling site abandoners in real-time, significantly lifting your marketing ROI. Imagine recovering over 20% of abandoned web form abandoners with our Patented real-time, automated web form abandonment solutions, through MOV•ology’s Consumerology™ platform.
Visit www.mov-ology.com for more information or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org